Working on my kill la kill x kingdom hearts OC. Do not steal plz. Joking aside more Hajime scissor progress from gatchaman crowds. So todays experimentation provided fruitful and using packaging tape and hobby lobby gem resin, I was able to pour resin into the cut trenches in the blades making a form fitted transcluscent section for the EL wire to shine through.
Yo dog I heard you like awkward selfies and giant anime scissors. I’ve been bad about not posting progress when what i’m working on isn’t very interesting looking yet so i’ll try to get a pic on the Zhenji flute tomorrow since i’ve been steadily working on that. But for now heres a WIP of Hajime’s scissors from gatchaman crowds.
Now that the rush of back to back cons with deadlines has passed, I can get serious work done on the Zhen Ji flute. So todays tuesday comes with a sort of advanced tip. Urethane resins don’t typically bond to much so you can pour them into pvc to make blanks to be lathed. They generally need to be knocked free once cured, but this allows you to get nice even blanks. You can even pour resin between two different sized pvc tubes to so you can keep them hollow if necessary.
Going to be at Louisianime this weekend? Well i’ll be there as a guest doing some panels and to help judge the contest.
My schedule is
Props 101 1:30 - 2:30
Advanced props 2:30 - 3:30
Armor building 12:30 - 1:30
Also have a pic of my friend and I as Aleksis and Sasha Kaidanovsky from pacific rim. The armor is still a WIP so I’ll do some improvements later when i’m not busy.
PS I couldn’t find who my friend got this off of from tumblr but lemme know so I can credit you. I really like the pic.
So this is my the only WIP picture of my Aleksis Kaidanovsky from pacific rim i’m releasing until I finish it and wear it at A-kon. (Aka 4 days) the last of the detail pieces are molded or ready to cast and painting will start soon. Also got some leather and distressing ahead of myself.
Well I finished my first jacket/ helmet mold. I need to finish molding the lens pieces, but heres an update. I had a lot of issues with the mold and this is gonna take more work than I expected. At least l can still use this so it wasn’t a total failure. Also i’ll probably do a mini build write up after next week.